Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and emotional well being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
Shiatsu massage therapy is a safe and effective way to enhance your body’s natural self-curative abilities. Shiatsu is an ancient massage technique developed in Japan over thousands of years.
Employing a similar theory as acupuncture, Shiatsu or finger pressure massage utilizes firm pressure on various “Tsubo” or acupoints to stimulate the flow of vital “Ki” (Qi in Chinese) energy in the body. When the acupoints are stimulated, physiology and particularly organ function are improved. The flow of blood and Ki are increased in the affected areas as well as in the organs associated with the meridian. This treatment can be very effective for many kinds of muscular skeletal pain and stiffness, fatigue, headaches, as well as pain due to acute and chronic injuries. Shiatsu will help increase your mobility, flexibility and range of motion. Deep relaxation is the natural result of the harmony created by the balancing of the body’s energy. Relaxing yet invigorating, Shiatsu can be received while wearing comfortable clothing.
Benefits of Shiatsu therapy:
- Increases blood & lymph circulation.
- Regulates neural conduction, organ function and hormonal secretions.
- Helps in spinal adjustment promoting good posture & skeletal alignment.
- Promotes healthy digestion.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Reduces stress and creates greater mind-body integration.